Fruit is a great addition to any salad. Try pairing creamy, buttery papaya and avocado with crisp red pepper and romaine lettuce. Together with a fresh tarragon and papaya seed dressing, heavenly. Choose a firm, ripe avocado so you can enjoy the best of its smooth texture and a nutty taste.
Don’t toss the papaya seeds, not only are papaya seeds edible, small amounts of them in your diet surprisingly good for you. They have a high levels of digestive enzymes, are antibacterial, anti-parasitic and have powerful liver regenerating properties. Sounds good to me, how do we get more of them into our diet? Well, add them to your dressing as a start. Their flavor is a bit like a cross between mustard and black peppercorns; two things I most always have in my salad dressing. Easy-peasy. You can even save the papaya seeds, dry them out in a low oven and use them as a substitute for peppercorns. Who knew?
I love this quick and easy papaya avocado salad! It’s great served as a meal or a side and is a satisfying and a delicious taste of the tropics! Just add tuna or shrimp for a more filling main meal salad. Tastes fantastic!
Papaya Avocado Salad in a Sweet Papaya Seed Dressing
For the salad:
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 ripe papaya, (ripe when turns yellowish), halved, peeled, seeds removed and sliced (reserving 2 tablespoons of the papaya seeds)
- 1 avocado, halved, stones removed, peeled, and sliced
- 1 red pepper, cored, seeded and cut in strips
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons papaya seeds
- 6 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
Combine dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, and the papaya seeds have the appearance of ground pepper.
In a large serving bowl, add the lettuce, papaya, avocado and green onion. Pour dressing over the salad and toss lightly to combine. Serve and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Papaya Avocado Salad in a Sweet Papaya Seed Dressing recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).