My new favorite bread. A grain-free gluten-free roasted almond butter bread with banana, cacao nibs and unsweetened flaked coconut. First of all, what I think makes it so special is the homemade roasted almond butter. Which by the way, is super easy to make yourself.
Not only is homemade almond butter cheaper than the store-bought stuff, it also gives you greater control over the quality of almonds you’re eating. Almonds don’t need to be raw for making almond butter, but I do think it’s important that they’re organic. Plus Roasting adds amazing flavor AND it helps them release their oils faster when blended. Raw almonds can also be used, however you can expect the process to take a few minutes longer.
Since the ingredients are fairly straightforward—roasted almonds and coarse sea salt—let’s focus on the process. To start, you’ll need a high-speed blender with really sharp blades, then it only takes mere minutes to transform whole nuts into smooth and creamy nut butter.
Roasted Almond Butter Bread (Gluten-Free)
- coconut oil for greasing the pan
- 1 cup homemade roasted almond butter, alternatively use store bought (250 ml)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup almond meal/flour (35 g)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons whole flaxseed
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
Preheat oven for 350°F / 175°C. Grease a 9 x 5" loaf pan (23 x 13 cm) well with coconut oil.
Using a wooden spoon, mix together the almond butter, maple syrup, eggs and banana in a large bowl until smooth. Next add almond flour, salt, baking soda, flaxseeds, cacao nibs, and coconut; mix together until combined.
Spread the mixture evenly into the prepare loaf pan (garnish with more cacao nibs, if desired) and bake for 45 minutes, or until golden brown on the edges and a toothpick inserted into the centers comes out clean.
Take out of the oven once cooked and let cool on a wire rack for at least 45 minutes before removing from the pan. Let cool completely before slicing.
- If you choose to make the bread without banana, I recommend increasing the maple syrup to 2 tablespoons for a little extra moisture and sweetness. Both versions are super tasty! Almond meal can also be replaced with polenta (cornmeal) at the exact same ratio, if needed.
- For storing, I suggest using a bread box or plastic bread container. Any longer than 3-4 days, then it's probably best to freeze it. Just slice the rest of the loaf and wrap each slice well, then place in the freezer. This way you can use one slice at a time!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Roasted Almond Butter Bread (Gluten-Free) recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).