- This simple and delicious Asian noodle salad is topped with toasted sesame seeds, cilantro, red pepper and green onions. I sometimes even through in some baby corn for extra flavor, color and crunch.
Yes, Ramen noodles are cheap as dirt, which is the main reason why these suckers have remained so darn popular over all the years. I think we all can remember our campus days and bouts of over consumption. Cheap and tasty is what they were. It’s likely their fatty-fat-fat that makes them taste so good (and an unhealthy dose of sodium). I don’t use the seasoning package, and often buy a healthier sort of Chinese noodle, but for the amount in this recipe, 1 package instant Ramen noodles for a four-person serving of salad, I’m not going to sweat it…too much. Balance is the key to everything, right?
Rice vinegar can be found in the Asian foods section of the supermarket.
Looking for other Asian noodle recipes?
Ramen Noodle Salad with Tender Greens
For the salad:
- 1 package Asian instant Ramen noodles, broken (or other Chinese noodles)
- 4 cups lamb's lettuce or baby spinach leaves (100 g)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 red sweet pointed peppers, sliced
- 3 tablespoons or more fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1-2 tablespoons soft brown sugar (I recommend GEPA organic raw cane sugar Mascobado)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
Place the Ramen noodles (do not add the flavor sachet) in a saucepan of boiling water. Par-boil the noodles until slightly tender (about 1 minute); drain and set aside to cool.
In small pan over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
Whisk oil, sugar, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and ginger in small bowl to blend. Season dressing with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, add the salad greens, cilantro, red pepper, green onions, noodles and sesame seeds and toss with enough dressing to coat.
Did you try this recipe?
Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Asian Noodle Salad with Tender Greens recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).