I’m always on the look out for new ideas for creating that perfect mix of ingredients that really make a salad exciting. My recent obsession with using fresh herbs inspired this one, which is truly tasty.
The refreshing combination of fresh flat-leaf parsley, cool mint, red sweet pointed pepper, crunchy celery, red onion, and chunky tuna tossed with an ever-so-vibrant tangy lemon dressing with salty capers and anchovies is nothing less than tasty. This parsley tuna salad is so simple, so delicious. Packed with an array of flavors and loads of vitamins, this is a fantastically quick salad to throw together – perfect served as a side, or a meal size salad for 2 alongside a crusty baguette.
Parsley Tuna Salad with super food qualities
Yes, kale is a super food, but did you know parsley is equally as good for you? Parsley is rich in many vital vitamins, including vitamin C, B 12 and just two tablespoons of parsley provides over 150% of the daily recommended value of vitamin K. Together with celery and sweet red pepper, this parsley tuna salad is chalked full of antioxidants that help neutralize free radicals (caused by environmental toxins, refined and processed foods, and emotional stress), and are also amazing for your skin and maintaining overall good health. All of which help you keep feeling great!
So when throwing a salad together go ahead and garnish them with antioxidant rich herbs, such as parsley, dill, basil and cilantro. Plus keep it bursting with healthy goodness by throwing in a variety of colorful vegetables or fruit that supply your body with an incredible amount of nutrition.
Sweet pointed peppers are slightly smaller and have a higher sugar content than normal bell peppers. Your’ll recognize them by their longish pointed shape.
Parsley Tuna Salad
For the salad:
- 2 cups fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves (about 2 bunches), chopped
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 celery stalks, peeled, sliced thinly on an extreme diagonal
- 1 red sweet pointed pepper, seeded and sliced thinly
- 1 small red onion, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 1 x 185 g can or jar good-quality sustainable tuna packed in oil, broken into large pieces
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1 teaspoon chopped anchovy fillets
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together the parsley, mint, celery, red pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, capers, chopped anchovy fillets, and garlic. Gradually whisk in oil until well combined.
Pour dressing over salad ingredients; toss to coat. Add tuna chunks, season with salt and pepper and toss again before serving. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this quick and easy Parsley Tuna Salad recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).