Love ‘em or hate ‘em, I think beets are just misunderstood. Fresh beets are so much better than the collective childhood memories of beets in a can. Eeeew. I think it’s high time we give them a second chance.
The key to beet carpaccio is to use a mandoline to achieve the paper-thin slices. Topped with parsley, chives, lemon juice and parmesan, it’s a simple but beautiful appetizer that will brighten even the worst of winter days.
By the way, in order to avoid a horror scene in the kitchen, try wearing rubber gloves or disposable gloves to protect your hands from a beet juice tattoo – also bear in mind they can stain wooden chopping boards, walls, and practically anything it comes in contact with. Yes, their juice can also be used for tie-dyeing!
Okay, I made this one thinking how do I satisfy a beet lover but still satisfy a raw foodie, like myself? Okay, so extreme, no I’m not. I just like my salads. Okay cooked beets are fine, but raw, wow they are so much better.
So idea…lemon is great with uhhh EVERYTHING and what do the Italians and French say? Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. So let’s keep it simple and true to its roots. Sensationally delicious. Serve at any picnic or dinner party…they will love it!
Beet Carpaccio with Lemon & Herbs
- 2 beets (raw), peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, chopped
- juice of 1 organic lemon
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the beets with a mandoline and arrange them in a thin layer on a serving platter, overlapping slightly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper; drizzle the freshly squeezed lemon juice over the beets.
- Top with parsley and chives and drizzle with olive oil.
- Finish with shaved parmesan on top and serve.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Beet Carpaccio with Lemon & Herbs recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).