This asparagus potato frittata recipe is one of those dishes that is super easy to make, versatile and a great addition to Sunday brunch. As long as you have eggs and vegetables on hand, plus maybe your favourite cheese, you can have a frittata on the table in about 20 minutes. In this version, we are using 5 basic ingredients — green asparagus, new potatoes, green onion, parmesan cheese and eggs. Plus a little olive oil, salt and pepper.
This asparagus potato frittata is packed with good for you ingredients, flavour and is a high protein, making it a healthy option for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And the best thing about it is that it all comes together in just one skillet!
How to make this potato frittata recipe
This is how simple frittatas are to make:
- Start by whisking together the base which is simply a mixture of eggs, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Then, sauté the vegetables in a 26 cm cast iron skillet just until tender. Start with the potatoes, followed by the asparagus and green onion.
- When the vegetables are ready, spread them out in an even layer and add the egg mixture. Simply pour in the frittata base, and shake the pan gently to distribute it evenly among the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the frittata with the remaining cheese and transfer to the preheated oven.
Bake until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden around the edges.
- Allow the frittata to cool slightly before slicing and digging in!
Use a cast-iron skillet. The best choice for making frittatas, cast iron skillets can safely go from stovetop to oven, and they conduct heat well and evenly. Seasoning a cast-iron pan gives it a non-stick quality, so a well-seasoned skillet will result in the easiest slicing & serving. Or use an enamel coated cast iron skillet, which does not require any pre-seasoning. If you don’t have a skillet, go make this breakfast casserole recipe instead.
How to adapt this frittata recipe
The great thing about any frittata is that you can play around with the flavour combinations. Yes, they are a great way to clean out the fridge! You can swap out the asparagus for broccolini, or trade the potatoes for sweet potato. Or try throwing in a handful of peas! You can add fresh herbs like chives or basil. Parmesan can be replaced with cheddar cheese, feta or goat’s cheese. As for serving it, try topping with young salad leaves or arugula.
If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Asparagus Frittata with Peas and Feta
- Tortilla Española (Spanish Potato Omelet)
- Spinach, Goat Cheese and Potato Quiche
- Crustless Quiche with Spinach, Prosciutto and Mushroom
Potato Frittata with Asparagus
Quick and easy new potato frittata with green asparagus, spring onion and parmesan cheese. Serve hot or cold for brunch, as a side dish or light dinner with a green salad!
- 200 g new potatoes, scrubbed clean and sliced thinly (1/2 to 3/4 cm thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions (white and light green parts), thinly sliced
- 100 g asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into thirds on diagonal (4-5 stalks)
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 40 g parmesan, freshly grated
- Arugula, purslane or mixed leaves, to serve
Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 400°F / 200 °C.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs with HALF the cheese. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
In a medium oven-proof cast iron or non-stick skillet (Ø 24-26 cm) heat the olive oil over medium heat and fry the potatoes until lightly golden on each side (about 10 minutes). If the potatoes are browning too quickly, lower the heat and cover with a lid so they have a chance to cook through to the middle.
Add the green onion and asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Spread the vegetables in an even layer and pour over the egg mixture. Top with the remaining cheese and transfer to oven.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the top is lightly golden around the edges.
For a browned, crispy top, let the frittata cook under the broiler for a minute or two at the end of cooking.
Cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve with the fresh salad on top. Enjoy!
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist on Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Potato Frittata with Green Asparagus recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.