This delicious spinach salad with feta is brought to life with blueberries, a honey-Dijon balsamic dressing and a crunchy mix of sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and almonds. It’s an easy summer salad that showcases juicy blueberries and comes together in mere minutes, making it a perfect choice for summer entertaining or barbecuing.
This spinach salad recipe is so easy and quick to prepare. Not to mention, it’s the perfect way to incorporate some of those fresh seasonal blueberries into a meal in a new and delicious way! It’s perfect served on it’s own as a light lunch with bruschetta or or as a side dish with grilled chicken, seafood or salmon.
A quick and easy spinach salad recipe
This spinach salad recipe takes just minutes to make, is super easy, and also makes a great choice for prepping ahead or bringing along for a potluck or BBQ. Simply prepare the dressing and store it separately in a glass jar with a lid. The rest of the salad ingredients can be added to a serving bowl and once ready to serve, simply pour over the dressing and give it a toss. Though, keep in mind, this spinach salad is best served straight away to keep the spinach from getting soggy.
How to adapt this blueberry spinach salad
Here are a few ideas on how to add even more pep or adapt this blueberry spinach salad:
- Try adding a little sliced red onion
- Top with some diced or sliced avocado
- Trade out blueberries for sliced strawberries or try a mix of berries
- Or add a handful or dried cranberries
- Choose another nut, such as walnuts or pecans
- Add a little cooked quinoa
Looking for other ideas with blueberries?
Try one of these delicious recipe featuring fresh blueberries:
Blueberry Spinach Salad with Feta
For the salad:
- 1/3 cup almonds, coarsely chopped (40 g)
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds (40 g)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (40 g)
- 150 g baby spinach
- 75 g feta, crumbled, plus more to garnish
- 150 g fresh blueberries, plus more garnish
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Combine the almonds and seeds in a large dry frying pan over a medium heat. Toast them for a few minutes, tossing frequently, until fragrant and lightly browned. Transfer to a plate to cool.
In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients (oil, vinegar, honey, mustard, salt, and pepper) until well combined.
In a large serving bowl, add the spinach, almonds, seeds, crumbled feta and blueberries. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
Sprinkle with a handful of blueberries and a little more feta (optional) and serve. Enjoy!
- The seeds and almonds can also be toasted in the oven at 350 °F / 180°C for 8-10 minutes. They should darken in colour and start to smell toasted.
- For this salad, be sure to add the dressing immediately before serving, otherwise, the spinach can get a little soggy.
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist on Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this quick and easy spinach salad recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).