Homemade marinated mushrooms are super easy to prepare! Tender mushrooms are cooked and marinated in a mixture of olive oil, lemon, white wine, garlic and herbs. They are perfect served as part of an antipasti platter, as a snack or simply with a little crusty bread to soak up the marinade.
If you are a mushroom lover, then you will love this simple marinated mushrooms recipe. It’s easy to make and can be enjoyed warm, cold or at room temperature. Serve warm with your favourite grilled steak and some crusty bread, or store the mushrooms in an airtight container in the fridge and enjoy them as antipasti later.
How to adapt these marinated mushrooms
If you are keen on skipping the white wine, you could easily make a marinade with just olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic and herbs. So just skip the wine and replace the lemon juice with balsamic vinegar. As for the cooking part, simply saute the mushrooms with some oil, salt and pepper, to release their juices and brown for 4-5 minutes, then add the garlic, thyme (rosemary is also nice) and cook another 4-5 minutes. Finally, remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar, cover and let sit to marinade for 1-2 hours before serving. Voila!
Looking for other ways to enjoy mushrooms?
Try one of these favourite recipes:
- Warm Mushroom Barley Salad with Herbs
- Mushroom Stir-Fry
- Tagliatelle Pasta with Mushrooms and Thyme Sauce
- Mushroom Stroganoff
- Lentil and Mushroom Ragú with Pasta
Easy Marinated Mushrooms
- 500 g cremini mushrooms, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (125 ml)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- pinch of red chilli flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (or 2 sprigs fresh thyme)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped, to serve
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large skillet, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, white wine, garlic, thyme and chilli flakes (if using). Add the mushrooms and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cook at a light simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender.
Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool. Sprinkle with parsley and serve. Enjoy!
- Alternatively, once the mushrooms have fully cooled, place them in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. They will store well for a few days.
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist on Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Easy Marinated Mushrooms recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).