If you love creamy pepper sauces, then you will love this mushroom pepper sauce. Not only is it fantastic served over steak, but you’ll want to put this creamy mushroom sauce on everything from chicken, to roasts, to spätzle to dumplings and baked potatoes. It’s a decadent yet simple sauce that you might just find yourself making again and again.
Elle Herbs carefully selected assortment of peppercorns
This sauce is made with Elle Herbs very special peppercorn mix, which comprises:
- Black Rasavat peppercorns – an organic quality pepper from with an intense aroma, that is neither too spicy or too dominant. The perfect pepper!
- Voatsiperifery red peppercorns — an especially rare wild pepper with a mild spiciness, which offers a warm, pine-like woody aroma with fruity lemony notes.
- Malabar green peppercorns — very unique, intense and fresh fruity flavor.
- Kampot red peppercorns — also a rare pepper with that offers a sweeter, fruitier flavour with nuances of eucalyptus and mint.
What a combination and oh the possibilities!
Mushroom Pepper Sauce is versatile
Sauces like this are terrific because they are so incredibly versatile. Here are a few ideas on how to enjoy this mushroom pepper sauce
- Steak — Just sprinkle with salt and pepper and cook to your taste, then lather in this sauce.
- Baked potatoes or potato dumplings — why not, right?
- Roasts – use as a sauce for roast chicken, turkey, or beef.
- Schnitzel with Mushroom Sauce — well that’s a classic. So let it be a mushroom peppercorn sauce.
Creamy Mushroom Pepper Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 5 Cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons brandy (or cognac)
- 185 ml beef broth
- 125 ml heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons coarsely crushed whole peppercorns
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until golden brown - about 5 minutes. Sift one tablespoon flour over the mushrooms and stir to well-coated.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the brandy and simmer rapidly, over medium to medium-high heat, until it has mostly reduced and you can no longer smell the strong alcohol smell (about 1 min).
Add the broth, bring to simmer and let it simmer rapidly for 3 minutes or until it reduces by a third.
Turn heat down to medium. Add cream, pepper, and mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until it thickens (do not let it boil rapidly).
Taste the sauce, and season with salt to taste.
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist auf Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
Then tag @ellerepublic on Instagram and hashtag it #ellerepublic
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Creamy Mushroom Pepper Sauce recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
Restaurant quality !
Exactly what I was looking for.
Thank you! So glad you enjoyed this recipe 🙂
Thank You for the wonderfully simple , yet Tasty sauce recipe.
I did substitute the alcohol listed in the recipe with Merlot Wine. Same amount as recipe. Turned out Great. Thanks !
Thanks George for the tip with the Merlot wine. So glad you enjoyed this recipe! 🙂
This is a quality recipe
Thank you for the feedback and the 5 stars! 🙂