A classic Mediterranean combination of lemon, thyme, lemon balm (lemon verbena leaves) and tarragon add a certain depth of flavor to an otherwise elegantly simple dish. Using fresh ingredients there is tons of flavor ideal and this salmon recipe is moist, tastes amazing and makes for a super easy, quick dinner dish. Serve with a side of sautéed spinach and some boiled salted potatoes or a simple parmesan risotto. Yum.
I am told that Atlantic “organic” Salmon from Norway and Sweden lead by example when it comes to regulations for organic fish; “organic” labeling in this case meaning the salmon was farmed following the best possible regulations. There are conflicting opinions on this, so I prefer to buy wild-caught salmon if I can get my hands on it (or choose more sustainable types of fish).
When choosing salmon, it’s important to look for sustainable wild Alaskan salmon with these market names: Chinook, Coho, Chum, Keta, King, Pink, Red, Silver, Sockeye, Sake. Wild salmon from Alaska is considered the best choice by Seafood Watch and is certified as sustainable to the standard of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC). It’s very carefully regulated and monitored by a number of agencies and most Alaska salmon populations are robust enough to withstand the pressure of commercial fishing.
Salmon with Lemon and Herbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- approximately 450 g boneless salmon fillet (skin on)
- 2 lemons, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon balm, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 300°F / 150°C.
- Brush a baking pan or casserole dish with olive oil; place salmon fillet, skin side down in the baking pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the thyme, lemon balm and tarragon over salmon fillet. Arrange the lemon slices on top of the salmon filets and let stand for 10 minutes to allow flavors to develop.
- Bake salmon until just opaque in center, 15-18 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Salmon with Lemon and Herbs recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).