This Detox Cure Soup is packed with all kinds of good stuff, and by good stuff I mean immune-boosting natural remedies — veggies, veggies, and more super powered veggies! There are 8 types of fresh vegetables in this soup: onion, beet, carrot, red pepper, celery, fennel, fresh habanero chili and ginger together with vegetable broth and creamy coconut milk. It couldn’t be easier to make, tastes fantastic and is super healthy. And it’s the perfect thing to also satisfy your vegan friends.
Vegetable loaded detox cure soup that gets you back on your feet
This soup should actually be called Afra’s detox cure pink soup, cause it’s my friend Afra’s creation. As a certified naturopath, versed in natural cures, she brought me a batch of this soup this time last year, when I was recovering from surgery. I found it so delicious, I had to make it myself. Her version is pink, thanks to red beets, however I used golden beets this time around (so much easier to work with — no red stains!), so I my version is orange. 🙂
So what makes this detox cure soup so healthy?
Here are some of the highlights:
Coconut Oil – The lauric acid in coconut oil can kill bacteria, viruses, and fungus, which helps prevent infections, plus ginger is good for immune system, maintaining cholesterol levels, and aids in weight loss by helping digestion and regulating the metabolism.
Onions – The phytochemicals in onions improve the effects of vitamin C, which means improved immunity and reduced inflammation. Onions are particularly useful in respiratory infections, and contain high amounts of fructans, which are prebiotics that feed your good gut bacterial to promotes healthy immune system function.
Carrots – Rich in beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A in the liver. Vitamin A helps with healthy vision, the immune system, plus it assists the liver in flushing out the toxins from the body.
Ginger – Fresh ginger is so healing, so digestion-friendly. With it’s natural cold fighting properties (anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory), you can battle off congestion, flu and nausea while boosting your immunity.
Beetroot – is hailed as a superfood which helps support liver detoxification, all the while lowering blood pressure.
Celery – helps neutralize the chemical stimulants in our body and greatly boosts the strength of our immune system.
Fennel – improves digestion and is good for detoxing. Plus it adds just that little extra bit of flavor and a sweetness to this detox cure soup.
Habanero pepper – is one of the hottest varieties of chili peppers, but don’t worry, I only used half! Peppers contain capsaicin which has been shown to help with multiple ailments. Plus a little spice helps clear out the sinuses and also creates a sweat effect which can help aid your body in eliminating toxins.
Coconut milk – contains something called lauric acid, antimicrobial lipids and capric acid, all of which have anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties. Some even say that the unique fatty acids fat in coconut milk may increase metabolism. Yay to that! Bring on more Thai curry!
Vegetable Loaded Detox Cure Soup
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium beet, peeled and chopped
- 2 large carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 fennel, chopped
- 1/2 Habanero chili, or less
- 2 thumbs ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth (500 ml)
- 2 cups water (500 ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 200 ml organic coconut milk
- Garnish with shaved radish, chia seeds, hemp seeds or other garnish of choice
- In a large deep pot, heat the coconut oil over a medium to medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onions, carrot and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, until the onion is soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables, as well as the broth and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to medium-low allowing the soup to gently simmer for around 35 minutes, or until the beetroot is tender.
- Remove from the heat and using a hand-held immersion blender, purée the soup until smooth, then stir in the coconut milk. Return to the heat and warm through.
- Alternatively, cool the soup slightly, then purée in a blender, in small batches as necessary. Note: If using a blender make sure the hole in the center of the lid is open to allow steam to escape.
- Taste and season with salt, to taste. Serve into bowls, garnish as desired and enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Vegetable Loaded Detox Cure Soup recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.