This simple roasted tomato and potato salad is made with my favourite all-rounder potatoes and sweet cherry tomatoes which are tossed with green onion, fresh parsley and white butter beans. The dressing is simple: olive oil, apple cider vinegar, Dijon, maple syrup and turmeric. All of which give this vegan potato salad a lovely light quality while delivering lots of flavour.
As much as I love a good traditional potato salad, I also like to discover new ways to enjoy this summertime staple. Mayo is kind of no-go for me. So like all of my potato salad recipes, here is yet another mayo-free version. I hope you enjoy this version. It’s perfect for summer BBQs, picnics in the park, road trips, and more.
How to adapt this roasted tomato and potato salad
- Important reminder: know your audience. In my house, teenagers don’t particularly like beans — meaning the potatoes get eaten and the beans get left behind. So depending on who you are cooking for, you may want to make some changes. So feel free to sub out the beans with 300-400 g more potatoes.
- Love legumes like me? Then feel free to use jumbo white beans, cannellini beans, chickpeas, or even blanched green beans.
- I like to use French charlotte potatoes (a fantastic salad potato). Another great choice would be a mix of red and white new potatoes or fingerlings.
- Roasting the tomatoes brings out their sweetness, but you could also add fresh tomatoes to this recipe instead.
- Turn this side dish into a main meal salad by serving it over greens, like arugula, romaine or spinach.
Looking for more potato salad recipe inspiration?
Roasted Tomato and Potato Salad
For the salad:
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, separated
- 700 g new potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 500 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 x 400 g can organic white beans
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- small bunch flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Transfer the potatoes to one of the baking sheets, toss with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, season with salt and spread out into an even layer.
- Place the tray with the potatoes in middle of the oven, cut side down and roast for 15 minutes, flip and then move to the top third of oven.
- Meanwhile, toss the halved cherry tomatoes in remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt. Spread evenly on the second baking tray. Place the tray with the tomatoes on the bottom third of the oven.
- Continue roasting for 15 minutes or until potatoes browned and crisp. Remove the potatoes from the oven and set aside.
- Toss the tomatoes and move the tray to the middle rack. Continue roasting until they start to brown a little. About 10-15 more minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until combined. Transfer the warm potatoes toss to the bowl and toss to combine (adding them to the dressing while warm helps them absorb some of the dressing and its flavor).
- Once the tomatoes are finished roasting, add the white beans, green onions and parsley to the bowl. Toss to combine, then add the roasted tomatoes and gently toss again to incorporate. Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Roasted Tomato and Potato Salad recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).