This tomato-melon salad with crispy prosciutto and mint screams warm weather! Yes, this is the time of year for something fresh, summery, light and quick to prepare. This recipe utilizes simple ingredients, actually just 6 ingredients in all, and only about 15 minutes to prepare. That’s fast. It is made up of the fabulous combination of sweet cantaloupe with salty prosciutto di Parma, together with farmer’s market heirloom tomatoes, and fresh mint. Simple! And together these ingredients create a perfect side dish or light meal for a blistering hot summer day.
How to adapt this Tomato-Melon Salad with Prosciutto recipe
- Make it more traditional by placing the prosciutto (uncooked) loosely on a serving platter, prepare the rest of the salad and pile it on top. Garnish with a few extra mint leaves and serve with crusty bread.
- Add some cheese! Mini buffalo mozzarella balls are a great addition. Serve with or without the tomatoes.
- Use a good quality balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar.
- Toss in some fresh basil leaves or a handful of young arugula.
I hope you will all love this quick and easy summer salad. It’s:
- Light and summery
- Sweet and savory
- So very refreshing
- Incredibly quick and easy!
If you like this fresh summer salad recipe, check out these other quick and easy recipes:
Nectarine Lentil Salad
Summer Salad with Strawberries, Tomatoes, Mint & Basil
Pear Fennel Salad with Mint & Sumac
Tomato-Melon Salad with Crispy Prosciutto & Mint
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad:
- 100-120 g thinly-sliced Prosciutto di Parma, trimmed of excess fat and coarsely chopped
- 600 g heirloom tomatoes (or beefsteak tomatoes), chopped into large chunks
- 1 small cantaloupe, segmented and cut into chunks roughly the same size as the tomatoes (ca. 700 g melon)
- handful fresh mint leaves, chopped (ca. 2 tbsp)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- crusty bread
To make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl and set aside.
Meanwhile, sauté the prosciutto in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until it begins to crisp at edges, about 5-7 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
Add the tomatoes, melon, prosciutto and mint together in the bowl with the dressing. Toss and serve immediately with some crusty bread. Enjoy!
- For those who like things a little sweeter, 1 teaspoon of honey can also be added to the dressing.
- For this recipe, the prosciutto is only meant to enhance the taste of the melon and tomato, so I only used ca. 100 g (after trimming excess fat). Of course you can use more if you prefer.
- I recommend purchasing prosciutto freshly sliced from your butcher, as this tastes better than prepackaged sliced prosciutto.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Tomato-Melon Salad with Crispy Prosciutto & Mint recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.