This cucumber salad with feta and chickpeas is so simple, refreshing and full of flavor. It’s loaded with chickpeas, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, avocado, freshly squeezed lime juice, cilantro and a couple of my favourite spices to add a little extra flavor…..this salad is so easy to make and makes a terrific light lunch salad or side dish with anything you’re grilling! Or simply grab a baguette and make it a picnic salad.
A quick and easy cucumber salad recipe
The best part about this simple cucumber salad is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare, and because it uses canned chickpeas, there’s no cooking involved.
The cucumber salad with feta and chickpeas only requires a few ingredients. And in fact, I bet you already have at least half the ingredient sitting in your fridge and pantry. Making it perfect for summer months. And as an added bonus, that it only takes 15 minutes to prepare, maybe even less than that, from start to finish.
How to adapt this cucumber salad with feta and chickpeas
- For added sweetness and freshness you could add cherry tomatoes or how about chopped sweet red pepper.
- Chickpeas are my favorite legume, but if you don’t like them, swap them out for jumbo white canned beans.
- Use a squeeze of lemon juice rather than lime juice
- Cilantro and lime are great partners, but you could also use lemon and parsley
- Zucchini Salad with Chickpeas, Lemon, Parmesan, and Fresh Herbs
- Celery Salad with Apple and Fennel
- Chickpea Salad with Carrots and Zucchini
- Pear Fennel Salad with Sumac and Mint
- Crispy Chickpea Tomato Salad
Cucumber Salad with Feta and Chickpeas
For the salad:
- 2-3 mini cucumbers, sliced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 x 400g can organic chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 50 g feta cheese, crumbled (or more)
- 1 firm but ripe avocado, diced
- 1 small bunch cilantro, chopped
For the dressing:
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice from one lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch of cayenne pepper (or chili flakes)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large serving bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk together until well combined.
Add the cucumber, red onion and chickpeas to the bowl and toss to coat. Then add the crumbled feta cheese, avocado and cilantro. Toss gently to incorporate. Taste the salad, and adjust seasonings according to taste.
Serve immediately or let the salad rest for 10-15 minutes to allow the flavors to meld and intensify.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Cucumber Salad with Feta and Chickpeas recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.