This roasted asparagus with parmesan truffle vinaigrette recipe is an inventive remake of traditional hollandaise sauce. Once that is inspired by Caesar salad dressing – complete with one tiny anchovy and parmesan cheese. Both which give it it’s pure umami deliciousness. Together with a drizzle of truffle oil, this asparagus recipe is one to be savoured, making it perfect for Mothers Day, a special brunch, or a side for a special dinner!
Using truffle oil
Of course, not everyone is a fan of truffles or truffle oil for that matter — it’s one of those love it or leave it flavours. I simply love it! I think it gives dishes an extra magical ooph of deliciousness. Whether drizzled on salads (like my zucchini salad — which is sooo delicious), on pizza, pasta or even potatoes. In this vinaigrette, truffle oil is combined with a delicate tasting olive oil which gives the sauce just the right amount of subtle truffle flavor.
If you’re new to truffle oil, it’s worthwhile knowing that there are two types: white and black. White is more delicate, and has a more refined taste. Black is stronger, but not as complex. Personally I like black truffles the best, so almost always choose a black truffle oil. When buying it, check the ingredients to make sure it is made from high-quality olive oil infused with pieces of truffles.
What I love about this Parmesan Truffle Vinaigrette
It’s not just the parmesan and truffle that make this dressing so special. There is also a Dijon mustard, which adds a bit of creaminess and a tiny bit of punch. Also a key element in a classic Caesar salad dressing, just like the egg yolk. Which by the way, gives the dressing it’s richness (as it does in a classic hollandaise sauce) and then there is the anchovy which provides a briny blast (and loads of umami). Both very key to this sauce. As are the lemon juice for acidity and garlic for extra flavor All elements that create a well rounded, and simply delicious asparagus dressing.
Roasting asparagus brings out its best flavor! Especially white asparagus. Plus it’s super easy. Simply toss the trimmed and peeled white asparagus with a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (for easy clean-up), careful not crowd and in the oven they go.
Roast on the middle oven rack for 15 minutes, then turn over the spears and roast for another 10-15 minutes, until the asparagus has reached the desired tenderness. It’s that easy! And super delicious!
How to serve this recipe for Asparagus with Parmesan Truffle Vinaigrette
We love to enjoy this recipe as a light lunch for two. However you could easily serve it with grilled salmon or go the classic route and serve it with boiled potatoes, hard boiled or poached eggs. Even a side of a simple lemon risotto would be a great addition.
Looking for other asparagus recipe inspiration?
Then try one of these delicious recipes:
- Asparagus with Lemon Butter & Parsley Breadcrumbs
- Roasted White Asparagus with Tahini-Lemon Sauce
- Roasted White Asparagus Soup (Vegan)
Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Truffle Vinaigrette
For the roasted asparagus:
- 700 g white asparagus, trimmed and peeled
- Olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- 1 large egg yolk, as fresh as possible
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 anchovy fillets (packed in oil), drained and very finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 1/2 tablespoons mild extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon truffle oil (I like black truffle oil, omit if preferred)
- 20 g finely grated parmesan (about 2 tablespoons)
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 25 g roasted hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 400˚ F / 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the asparagus on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the preheated oven and roast until asparagus is tender and lightly browning, about 25-30 minutes, turning the spears halfway through (cooking time depends on the thickness of the spears and how tender you like your asparagus).
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk the egg yolk. Add the garlic, anchovy, Dijon mustard and lemon juice. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Whisk in the truffle oil, followed by the parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Transfer the roasted asparagus to a serving plate, drizzle with the dressing and garnish with the roasted hazelnut, as well as a sprinkle of parsley. Serve and enjoy!
- As a time saver, pre-roasted hazelnuts can also be found at your local natural foods store.
- Otherwise roast the hazelnuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts, stirring them to color evenly, until the skins char in places and begin to split and flake, about 10 minutes. Transfer the nuts into a clean kitchen towel and wrap the towel around them. Rub the nuts against one another inside the towel to remove the skins. Do not worry if some bits of skin remain.
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist on Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Roasted Asparagus with Parmesan Truffle Vinaigrette recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.