Let’s make homemade oven roasted potato wedges. Yessss! These potato wedges are deliciously crispy on the outside and tender, pillowy on the inside. Spiced with the ultimate veggie spice, these are the perfect solution when you are having a French fry craving.
Veggie Spice is the key
These wedges are generously seasoned with a special mix of spices (paprika, toasted onion, rosemary, thyme, nigella, garlic) — plus an extraordinary special type of salt and pepper. A special Elle Herbs spice mix that make them irresistible. Making them the perfect side dish, appetiser or snack. And yes, we want more, more, more!
How to make oven roasted potato wedges
Fries are good, but wedges are a favourite around here….and all sorts of them. They are also particularly good with a TexMex chili spice. Who knew? Making them is simple. There are only three simple ingredients. Potatoes, olive oil (my favourite kind which is perfect for baking and frying) and the magical spice mix.
- All you need to do is peel and cut the potatoes (in half lengthwise, and then in half or thirds) so you have 6 wedges. Then toss them together with some oil and spice mix. That’s it.
- Arrange the potatoes evenly across the baking sheet, with a flat side against the pan.
- Halfway through the baking flip them over (essential to achieving golden, crispy edges all over). A spatula is your best friend here! And potatoes like space, so no overlapping.
- Keep them baking till they are golden and crispy along the edges. Don’t pull them out of the oven too early — the aim is golden, crispy oven potatoes!
Try one of these tasty recipes:
- Celery-Root Potato Latkes with Herbs
- Middle Eastern Style Roasted Potatoes
- Potato Pie with Leeks & Gruyere
Crispy Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- 1 kg large potatoes, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and then cut into wedges (depending on size, 6-8 wedges per potato)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Elle Herbs Veggie Spice
- Flat-leaf parsley, as garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F / 190°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss the potato wedges with the oil so they are well coated, add the veggie spice, and toss again until evenly coated with the spice. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 30 minutes, flip over the wedges, add continue roasting until golden, about another 30 minutes. Finally, increase the temperature to 400°F / 200°C and cook until crisp, about 10-15 more minutes. Remove from the oven and season with a little more salt.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and serve with your favourite sauce for dipping or enjoy on their own. For a little color, garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
- Looking to speed things up? Then bake the potatoes at 220°C for about 35 minutes, flipping halfway through. The crispiness isn’t exactly the same, but tasty nonetheless!
- For this recipe I use my favorite standby olive oil (Farchioni) which performs especially well and high heat. And it tastes fantastic.
For a relaxing atmosphere in the kitchen I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist auf Spotify.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Crispy Oven Roasted Potato Wedges recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.