I love salmon tartare in any form, especially this variation. It’s particularly delightful enjoyed on a shady terrace with a crisp rosé wine on a summer night. This is one was prepared by my friend Denise. It has enough going on to keep anyone interested. This version has a base of buttery avocado, smoked salmon and tiger prawns. Topped with crème fraîche and salmon caviar, this salmon tartare is decadent, indulgent, refined, and, man, is it ever delicious.
Simple to make and impressive-looking, you’re going to want to wow your guests by serving this salmon tartare at your next dinner party – and with very little effort! Or save it for that dinner à deux and knock that certain somebody’s socks right off. So grab your ingredients, a sharp knife and get started!
To serve and impress your guest(s) with this dish, you should mould the salmon tartar into a disk. Use a stainless steel ring or if you are in a pinch use a clean empty can of tuna or a large round cookie cutter.
Avocado, Prawn and Smoked Salmon Tartare
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 125 g prawns, cooked and finely diced
- 150 g smoked salmon, finely diced
- fresh ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 75 g crème fraîche
- 4 teaspoons salmon caviar
- fresh dill and lime wedges, garnish
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit, if it's ripe, the skin should peel off easily, otherwise scoop out the flesh. Finely dice 3/4 of the avocado.
- In a small bowl, add the diced avocado and lime juice. Toss gently to combine.
- Cut the remaining avocado lengthwise into strips and sprinkle with a little lime juice to prevent browning. Set aside. This will be used as garnish for serving.
- Add the prawns and smoked salmon to the bowl. Season with pepper. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and toss gently to combine.
- To serve, use a ring mold (or get creative and use a cleaned out empty can of tuna) in the center of a chilled plate and fill with the tartare. Press down lightly. Carefully remove the ring and repeat with the remaining tartare.
- Drizzle the remaining oil over each salmon tartare and top with a dollop of crème fraîche, 1 teaspoon of caviar and some chopped dill. Season with pepper. Arrange the avocado slices, along with some dill and lime wedges on the plate as decoration.
Serve immediately with toasted baguette slices. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Avocado, Prawn and Smoked Salmon Tartare recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).