This is my absolute favorite brownies recipe. It’s simple, irresistibly delicious and always a hit. Thís recipe will make you wonder why you never made them from scratch before. Add walnuts or pecans for a nutty variation.
I really think what makes this brownie recipe extra special is the the high quality chocolate, natural brown sugar, powdered vanilla and sea salt. I am not a fan of sweet. Period. Sweet anything, but somehow, this is one of those things that seems to make it into my gray zone. Sweet, satisfyingly rich and totally delicious. I’ve made this more times than I can count and passed on this brownies recipe more times than I can remember. Kids love it, colleagues love it, everyone loves it!
I’m pretty sure it can be converted into a cookie form too. Just pop the chocolately batter into the freezer, once cold and hardened, scoop on a prepared baking sheet and bake. Volia! Brownie cookes! Or try my double-chocolate brownie bread!
Super Easy, Super Yummy Brownies
- 1 bar Lindt 90% chocolate (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup butter, plus extra for pan (113 grams)
- 1 1/3 cups soft brown sugar (I recommend GEPA organic raw cane sugar Mascobado) (200 grams)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon powdered vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour (85 grams)
- Optional: walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Butter the parchment or foil or spray it with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Line an 20 x 20 cm (8×8-inch) square baking pan with parchment paper, extending it up two sides.
- In a medium heatproof bowl over gently simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together until only a couple unmelted bits of chocolate remain.
- Remove from the heat, stir until smooth and fully melted. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, one at a time, then vanilla and salt.
- Stir in flour with a spoon or flexible spatula and scrape batter into prepared pan, spread until even.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out batter-free.
- Let cool and cut into desired size.
- Serve at room temp, cold or even frozen. Enjoy!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Super Easy, Super Yummy Brownies recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐ or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).