This is a pretty salad featuring quinoa, naturally sweetened dried berries, juicy oranges, fresh mint and parsley in an orange garlic vinaigrette, topped with deliciously toasted crunchy almonds. All of which perk up a simple quinoa salad. It makes for a great side dish, main course salad or perfect to bring to a party or picnic.
Quinoa Salad with Orange, Mint, Parsley & Almonds
For the salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (200 g)
- 1 small to medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest (from an organic orange)
- 1 Navel orange, peeled, segmented and diced
- handful radicchio, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup organic dried cranberries (25 g)
- 1/4 cup flaked or slivered almonds, lightly toasted (25 g)
- 4 handfuls mixed salad greens
For the dressing:
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Rinse the uncooked quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Drain well. Place in a medium saucepan and cook according to package instructions, in double the amount of water for about 20 minutes. Once most of the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa is light and fluffy, remove from heat, fluff with a fork, and let stand for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a large salad bowl to further cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, orange juice, vinegar and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add the dressing to the quinoa along with the red onion, zest, orange, radicchio, mint, parsley, cranberries and salad greens; gently combine.
- Garnish with the toasted almonds and enjoy!
This recipe is also tasty made with couscous. For an extra healthy couscous salad, look for whole grain spelt couscous at your local organic food market.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Quinoa Salad with Orange, Mint, Parsley & Almonds recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.