Summer in a bowl is what this salad with strawberries, tomatoes, mint and basil is! This salad is loaded with fresh strawberries! And then there are sweet cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, mint, peppery arugula and toasted pine nuts. All of which is tossed together in a super tasty balsamic vinegar dressing. This combination is truly irresistible. And summer salads don’t get simpler to make than this!
This summer salad with strawberries is naturally gluten-free, dairy free and can easily be made vegan by replacing the honey with maple syrup, or skipping it all together. It’s the perfect addition to a summer BBQ. Serve it as a side with burgers, grilled meat or fish, or as a starter for a summery vegetarian meal. This recipe also makes a nice addition to Sunday brunch!
Ways to adapt this Salad with Strawberries, Tomatoes, Mint & Basil
- Add some diced avocado. Avocado and strawberries are a dream team!
- Or toss in some blanched green asparagus. Strawberry asparagus salad is a delicious classic.
- Try using a blend of half arugula, half spinach. Or just go with spinach.
- Crumble in a little creamy goat cheese (chèvre) or for feta fans, go ahead give it a try!
- I always like a little crunch in my salad. Not into pine nuts? Try swapping slivered almonds. But be absolutely sure to toast them first—it makes them so much more flavorful. If you have nut allergy, then hemp seeds or toasted sunflower seeds.
- Add a little cooked quinoa and make it a meal.
Salad with Strawberries, Tomatoes, Mint & Basil
A super simple and delicious summer salad with strawberries, tomatoes, herbs and arugula. Easily adaptable!
For the salad:
- 300 g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes or baby roma tomatoes, halved
- 500 g fresh strawberries, quartered
- Handful fresh basil, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Handful fresh mint, finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 generous handful young arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, lightly toasted
For the dressing:
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (good quality)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid honey, or more to taste
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, add the strawberries, tomatoes, basil, mint and arugula.
- In a small bowl, add the dressing ingredients and whisk to combine. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and add pine nuts seeds. Toss all ingredients well.
- Serve and enjoy.
- I like the peppery twist that arugula adds to this salad, but it can easily be subbed out with spinach. Or try using a blend of half arugula and half spinach.
- For best results, buy the juiciest, ripest strawberries you can find. They are the star of this salad.
- If making ahead, add the arugula just before serving.
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Summer Salad with Strawberries, Tomatoes, Mint & Basil recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).