Creamy green tahini dressing is a delicious, flavor-packed homemade salad dressing, that’s vegan and so easy to make! And it’s pretty much good on EVERYTHING! This is a dressing recipe that you will want to make again and again!
Yes, my friends I LOVE tahini dressings! Which is why I am now sharing yet another recipe with you! This time one made with tahini, parsley, garlic, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, lemon, roasted sesame oil, olive oil and unsweetened plant-based milk. And it is REALLY tasty!
This green tahini dressing is luxuriously creamy yet plant-based (no mayo!). It’s a great alternative to your standard vinaigrette, which is why I have sooo many different salad recipes using sesame seed paste for the dressing. All a little different. All simply delicious.
There’s my cumin-lemon tahini dressing I use for my Kale Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Lentils, which is also similar to the one I use for Roasted Japanese Eggplant with Tahini Sauce .
Then there is a ultra simple tahini dressing I use for this Simple Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing and equally easy dressing for a Roasted Asparagus Salad with Lemon Tahini Dressing or a Cabbage Salad with Tahini-Lemon Dressing.
Like you need EVEN more options… but there’s also a lemony tahini sauce with garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Perfect for bowls, like this one: Broccolini and Roasted Chickpea Salad with Tahini Dressing.
And FINALLY an all-time-favorite this time of year — a tahini sauce perfect with spring asparagus: Roasted White Asparagus with Tahini-Lemon Sauce. (Have you tried it yet?!)
I love this green tahini dressing recipe for a couple reasons:
- It’s absolutely delicious. But I already said that!
- It is creamy but doesn’t have any mayo or dairy. There’s nothing but good for you, healthy ingredients here.
- It’s versatile. Thick & satisfying, this dressing can be used for any kind of greens like kale, arugula, romaine. Go ahead try it with cabbage, fennel or cucumber, or even chickpeas, lentils or your favorite whole grains. Versatile!
- It takes less than 10 minutes to make, including clean up. Boom.
Please tell me how you like this dressing in the comments! I’m so eager to hear how your salad creations turn out!
Creamy Green Tahini Dressing
For the dressing:
- 5 tablespoons tahini (well-stirred)
- Large handful fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped (2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons organic apple cider vinegar (unfiltered)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1/2 a large lemon)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon roasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plant-based milk (I prefer soy drink) (80 ml)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the salad:
- 3 heads hearts of romaine (mini romaine), washed and dried
- 4 tablespoons mixed seeds, lightly toasted (I used sesame, poppy, hemp, and sunflower seeds)
Add all the dressing ingredients to a large measuring cup or high-sided container (e.g. Mason jar). Using a hand-held emersion blender, blend until creamy. Taste the dressing and adjust seasonings, if desired.
To prepare the salad, remove a few of the outer leaves and then cut each head of lettuce in half lengthwise. Keep the inner core intact and cut into small wedges, if large. Rinse the loose leaves and gently wash the inner leaves to keep them whole, then roll them loosely in clean towels to remove excess water. Organize all the leaves on a large salad plate.
Drizzle the leaves with about 1/4 (or more) of the dressing. Sprinkle with the roasted seeds. Serve with additional dressing on the side.
This tahini dressing recipe makes about 1 cup/250 ml, which is enough for two salads. Store leftovers, in a sealed container, in the fridge and enjoy another tasty salad tomorrow or the day after!
- Tahini adds a rich, nutty taste to anything you add it to. You can find it at organic food store, larger grocery stores or on Amazon (I prefer the one from Rapunzel).
- This dressing is great for making a vegan Caesar salad. It's a great alternative to my recipe for Vegan Caesar Salad with Mixed Seeds & Herbs, which has a tahini dressing made with nutritional yeast (umami factor that replaces parmesan) and Dijon mustard. If you haven't tried it, please do. It's delicious!
Did you try this recipe?
How did you like it?
Please let me know how this Creamy Green Tahini Dressing recipe turned out for you! I would love to hear how you liked it. Simply rate it with the stars above ⭐or leave me a comment and rate it below.
Did you make any changes to this recipe?
If you have tips for other readers, let me know! It helps me and other readers so much. Sharing is Caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you decide to make a purchase through my link, Amazon will pay me a commission for it. This doesn’t cost you anything additional and the price remains the same. More about advertisements on Elle Republic.